Top priority was FAITH Circle's June quilt, where we used SewCraftyJess' "Starburst Cross" block tutorial. I was thrilled at the "hot" blocks my bee-mates sent in!
My next project was dealing with the Modern Maple blocks made by That Stash Bee. My original goal with these was to have a Modern Maples quilt to use in our home by the time fall hit, and I started the Falling for Modern Maples flickr group to have some company. If you like this block as much as I do, check out the group for some great inspiration - and feel free to join. It's a no-pressure group of like-minded-maple-lovers.
Anticipating Autumn. With the variety of block backgrounds, it was a logical jump to set them with a mix of solid and print squares. Not sure this block is out of my system quite yet.
The last finish for Q3 used the Slice and Insert blocks I made during Katie & Jacquie's class several months ago. At first I was considering a layout something like this . . .
But when it came right down to it, I opted to create a 'medallion' of sorts with wide, unequal borders. Meet Fissures.
What I didn't get to were the blocks my Always Bee Learning Bee bee-mates made with the Polaroid blocks collected during the *Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Swap. This one will go right on my Q4 list for sure.
Many thanks to Leanne/shecanquilt for all her work on the FAL! Be sure and check out all the amazing finishes for this quarter!